Full-time Safety Technician
Must live in San Antonio or Midland, Texas
Shepherd Safety Systems is looking for team players with experience in the oilfield to join our team as full-time safety technicians. Prefer experience with gas monitoring and confined space monitoring.
Company phone and truck provided.
- Responsible for responding to gas alarms on drilling rigs; clear and render safe
- Perform monthly calibrations on gas sensors on sites
- Repair equipment, both in the field and in the shop
- When “on call” (nights and weekends), responsible for immediate response to gas events on sites. When assigned as the primary on call, the shift is between 5 pm and 5 am. Frequency of overnight shifts may vary depending on staffing.
- Rig-up and rig-down safety equipment, lifting up to 100 lbm
- Conduct safety observations on location (12-hr shifts) as needed
- Must pass drug screen and background check
- Must be willing to work scheduled on call and nights
- Must have active driver’s license
Why you should apply
- Company will provide paid training, repair equipment, phone, and truck. Gas and insurance covered while conducting company business.
- Company will provide uniform (coveralls) and PPE.
- Overtime hours available
- Career growth opportunities as the company grows
- Benefits for full-time employees
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Work Remotely: No
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 10-hr shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Please list any and all oil and gas certifications or vocational skills that you have.
License/certification: Driver’s license (required)
- Day shift (preferred)
- Night shift (required)
- Overnight shift (required)
Work locations: San Antonio and Midland, Texas, areas